News — Mar 18, 2020
COVID-19 Resources: bswift is committed to helping you and your employees through this uncertain time.
We are here for you.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve in the United States, bswift has been taking measures to help prevent the spread of the virus to our colleagues, clients and partners, as well as making sure that our business operations continue uninterrupted. Some of these steps include:
- Issuing travel, work from home and other HR-related guidance to help employees and our business partners stay safe and healthy.
- Reviewing business continuity plans and ensuring they are ready to be deployed.
- Implementing a virtual working environment that allows us to conduct all business operations uninterrupted, including meetings with clients, prospects and partners.
In addition, as part of the CVS Health enterprise whose mission is to help people on their path to better health, our organization is actively involved in helping prevent the spread of the disease.
A few key measures our company is taking:
- CVS Health CEO Larry Merlo has joined a task force of America’s leading employers to work with the US government on solutions to minimize any public health and economic impact in the short-term, while working to strengthen global health security in the long-term.
- Clinical leaders and enterprise response and resiliency team are working closely and directly with the CDC to ensure we are focused on the health and safety of colleagues, customers and patients.
- Waiving charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
- Working with the administration and other partners to help facilitate COVID-19 testing at store locations with a common goal of increasing frequency and efficiency.
- Providing diagnostic testing and telemedicine visits at no cost or copay to all Aetna members.
- Increasing access to critical mental health services for front-line workers impacted by COVID-19 with over $1 million in charitable support.
bswift will continue to do its part to help prevent the spread of the disease alongside CVS Health during this time. We encourage you to learn more about the efforts our company is taking to mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
For more information, please visit the links below:
- Press Release: CVS Health response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Article: CVS Health to support COVID-19 testing
- Video: CVS Health CEO Larry Merlo discusses ongoing COVID-19 initiatives
- Resources for Aetna Members: We are here to help
How you can stay safe
The short answer:
The long answer? Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you have cold-like symptoms, stay at home as a courtesy to your co-workers. And if you share a work station or equipment with others, consider wiping it down with disinfectant wipes after use.
Watch this video from CVS Health® to learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 and find more ways to protect yourself and others.
Tips for Communicating With Your Workforce During Uncertain Times
Until recently, most organizations didn’t have a playbook for navigating their way through a global pandemic. We’ve got a few tips to help you craft effective employee communications during this time of crisis.
Prioritizing Mental Well-being: 10 Tips for Your Workforce
ActiveHealth Management, a fellow CVS Health Company subsidiary, shared helpful tips for how employers can support their employees’ mental well-being during this time.
Tips for Strengthening Your Benefits Strategy during the COVID-19 Pandemic
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States is a unique and challenging time for your organization and employees. With our business continuity plans fully executed, bswift is 100 percent operational and committed to helping our clients and their employees through this time. Through all the changes you may experience in the upcoming days and weeks, know that you can always count on our team to support you.
We’re here for you and your people, always
Please check back frequently to this page for more updates.