News — Mar 18, 2020
COVID-19 Resources: bswift is committed to helping you and your employees through this uncertain time.
We are here for you.
As the COVID-19 outbreak continues to evolve in the United States, bswift has been taking measures to help prevent the spread of the virus to our colleagues, clients and partners, as well as making sure that our business operations continue uninterrupted. Some of these steps include:
- Issuing travel, work from home and other HR-related guidance to help employees and our business partners stay safe and healthy.
- Supporting a healthy adjustment to a remote work lifestyle for employees by sharing remote work strategies and wellness resources
- Providing our employees with the tools, resources and training they need to conduct all business operations uninterrupted in a fully remote environment, including delivering Open Enrollment virtually
In addition, as part of the CVS Health enterprise whose mission is to help people on their path to better health, our organization is actively involved in helping prevent the spread of the disease.
A few key measures our company is taking:
- Administering the COVID-19 vaccine nationwide, focusing first on over 40,000 long-term care facilities, and with the end goal of having the vaccine available in all CVS stores in 2021.
- Providing education and resources with fact-based information about the vaccine to the public (see vaccine resources below).
- Operating over 4,300 COVID-19 testing locations across the nation.
- Waiving charges for home delivery of prescription medications.
- Waiving charges for mental health and eligible COVID-19-related telemedicine visits for all Aetna members.
- Aetna is helping members access COVID-19-related care through new and extended waivers.
- Increasing access to critical mental health services for front-line workers impacted by COVID-19 with over $1 million in charitable support.
- CVS Health CEO Larry Merlo joined a task force of America’s leading employers to work with the US government on solutions to minimize any public health and economic impact in the short-term, while working to strengthen global health security in the long-term.
- Clinical leaders and enterprise response and resiliency team are continuing to work closely and directly with the CDC to ensure we are focused on the health and safety of colleagues, customers and patients.
bswift will continue to do its part to help prevent the spread of the disease alongside CVS Health during this time. We encourage you to learn more about the efforts our company is taking to mitigate the risk of COVID-19.
For general information about COVID-19, please visit the links below:
- Press Release: CVS Health response to COVID-19 Outbreak
- Article: CVS Health to support COVID-19 testing
- Video: CVS Health CEO Larry Merlo discusses ongoing COVID-19 initiatives
- Podcast: Healthy Conversations
- Resources for Aetna Members: We are here to help
For information about the COVID-19 vaccine, please visit the links below:
- Webinar: CVS Health Live – Preparing for the COVID-19 Vaccine
- Whitepaper: Understanding and Addressing Vaccine Hesitancy
- Video: CVS Health Live video on LinkedIn: Preparing for a COVID-19 Vaccine
- FAQ: COVID-19 Vaccine
- Employer Resource: Aetna COVID-19 Resources for Employers
- FDA Website: COVID-19 Recent News
How you can stay safe
The short answer:
The long answer? Don’t touch your eyes, nose or mouth with unwashed hands, and avoid close contact with people who are sick. If you have cold-like symptoms, stay at home as a courtesy to your co-workers. And if you share a work station or equipment with others, consider wiping it down with disinfectant wipes after use.
Watch this video from CVS Health® to learn about the symptoms of COVID-19 and find more ways to protect yourself and others.
Tips for Communicating With Your Workforce During Uncertain Times
Until recently, most organizations didn’t have a playbook for navigating their way through a global pandemic. We’ve got a few tips to help you craft effective employee communications during this time of crisis.
Prioritizing Mental Well-being: 10 Tips for Your Workforce
ActiveHealth Management, a fellow CVS Health Company subsidiary, shared helpful tips for how employers can support their employees’ mental well-being during this time.
Tips for Strengthening Your Benefits Strategy during the COVID-19 Pandemic
We understand that the COVID-19 pandemic in the United States is a unique and challenging time for your organization and employees. With our business continuity plans fully executed, bswift is 100 percent operational and committed to helping our clients and their employees through this time. Through all the changes you may experience in the upcoming days and weeks, know that you can always count on our team to support you.
We’re here for you and your people, always
Please check back frequently to this page for more updates.